On 7/11/07, Mike A. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks for the help guys! I've also been searching the web for some other
options and found this one.

http://timdorr.com/archives/2006/02/php4_and_php4_s.php

I'm still searching and hope I can find a straightforward approach on how
to do this in RHEL4. I'm very much careful because i'll be doing this on a
live server and having mistakes is not an option :)

it's possible to run php4 and php5 along side each other, you just have to
specify in your apache configuration the load module directive e.g.,

LoadModule php4_module        libexec/libphp4.so
LoadModule php5_module        libexec/libphp5.so

and add this to DirectoryIndex:

index.php4 index.php5

and to be safe just run it first in your test environment before going live.

HTH

http://jangestre.wordpress.com