Hi there,

I'm using an Aspire 3620, I don't know how similar
they are, but I also had problems detecting some of
the hardware on this baby, until I tried Mandriva
2007.  Now most everything works: sound, onboard NIC,
onboard WLAN, it even detected the wide screen and
configured X with the proper resolution.  And the cool
3D desktop has convinced some friends to try Linux.
:-)

I also had good results with Mandriva 2007 on a Compaq
C501.

Teka, what distros have you tried on that notebook?

YMMV,
-eric