I have the same type of mobile drive though its Maxtor. I just added
NTFS support and works fine with Fedora 7 and it got detected. Last
weekend I tried mounting a 300GB SATA with generic made in china
bought from ebay. To test it I initially I plug it  unformatted and
dmesg was able to identify its a usb storage. After formatting the
drive into NTFS, my system just recognized it automagically mounted
the drive properly.

On 9/18/07, Holden Hao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello Folks.
>
> One of our clients is having problems with a newly bought USB mobile
> drive not mounting in Ubuntu Dapper.  The system returns an
> "end_request: I/O error".   The drive works fine in WinXP.  Has anyone
> here experienced the same.  Any tips on how to fix it?  I have tried
> unloading and reloading both sd_mod and usb_storage which worked for
> me in the past.
>
> BTW, the enclosure is a generic China-made product with 2 USB jacks.
> Can anybody tell me why there are 2 jacks?  I suspect this is for
> supplying power however, it works with just the main jack plugged in.
>

> Holden

sometimes truth is stranger than fiction
-bad religion-
http://www.bloglines.com/blog/mailist