On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 6:11 PM, Bopolissimus Platypus Jr
<bopolissimus.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 6:09 PM, Brian Baquiran <brianbaqui...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Is the system running in single-user mode?
>
> No it isn't:
>
> r...@tonidoplug:/etc# runlevel
> N 2
>
> and anyway in single user mode, the daemons won't start.  they're
> running here though (openvpn, dnsmasq, squid, sshd).

I've rebooted it a few times (since it reboots pretty fast :-).  So
it's not something I broke just in the running system.  It definitely
survives reboot.

I did rebuild the kernel and and also built a few modules I needed for
NAT (the stock kernel didn't have router functionality in there at
all).  But I did that pretty early on and running programs as a
regular user worked then.  I don't recall, though, if running programs
as a regular user worked after I tgz'ed the usb flashdrive and
unarchived it onto the laptop drive (in a USB enclosure).

tiger

--
Gerald Timothy Quimpo http://bopolissimus.blogspot.com
bopolissimus.li...@gmail.com bopolissi...@gmail.com

Even Tom Lane said: "Or, if you're worried
about actions from functions, use a trigger
to do the logging.  There are approximately
no cases where a rule is really better than
a trigger :-( "