If you all remember, I've been fighting my laptop for the past few
months. I finally seem to have found the culprit.

After playing around swapping parts I found that if I used a different
hard drive it worked perfect. But I also found that the hard drive
worked perfect if it was in another laptop. Huh??? I thought.....

I got out some contact cleaner and played around with the hard drive
connections and that seemed to help some, then after messing around
with the exact position it was mounted it now seems to be working
wonderful again! It's possible that I will still need to look at it
again - maybe a cracked solder joint or ???? but at the least I've
tracked down the problem to where to look, which will be enough, I
think.

Everything seems to be in great shape, just needing the connection
fixed. This could even be a long term thing as it is, but I'm not
necessarily counting on that... :)

Yay!!!!

Thanks for all the input, everyone!
Erik