> I'd like to get rid of my tivo/comcast combo. Is anyone here using
> MythTV (or similar) to record over-the-air HD broadcasts?
>
> I have most of the parts I need except for a few important ones (like a
> recording card) and I was wondering what experiences people have had
> with whatever hardware they are using.

i used a mythtv setup for a while with a regular ntsc decoder and it
worked fine for me.  i hooked it up with galleon (tivo home media server
for linux) and a fuse interface so that the vidoes could be watched from
my tivo.  i haven't used it for a while after comcast stopped serving ntsc
for most channels.  but i'd expect things to be pretty similar for a
digital decoder card since the data will be mpeg2 still.