Keith Lofstrom wrote:

> The financial/investment community has had a strong commitment
> to Unix for decades.  The remaining question was when to move
> from Unix to Linux, and  most large firms made the back-office
> conversion years ago.

That much I've been aware of. In a previous life I worked at
a closed source UNIX shop that was a vendor to an exchange.

I've not kept my ear to the ground with regards to Linux adoption
for awhile.  I've been fortunate to work in places where it was
the rule rather than the exception for quite awhile now.

>  Most of the desktop is still M$.

No accounting for taste. ;)

Anyway, thanks again to Pete for passing along the link.

        ~Rob