I'd greatly appreciate insights from you professional network admins since
I'm out of ideas.

   One host on the network, the Toshiba laptop, communicates via a wireless
connection to both the LAN and, via the router/bridge the Internet. From the
laptop I can ping other LAN hosts as well as external sites. However, from
the main server/workstation I cannot ping (or otherwise access) the laptop.

   When I try I'm told that the destination is unreachable. Usually I see
this when the network is down, but it's up and running just fine. I suspect
the issue is with the wireless access point, which is another node on the
LAN. I cannot ping that host, either; there's no message, just dropped
packets.

   Any and all thoughts on why communications _from_ the laptop work while
attempts _to_ the laptop fail are appreciated.

Rich