> has contributed nothing to world peace.
>
> He does not deserve a nobel peace prize.
>
> World peace comes from God where Linus if I am not mistaken
> is an atheist.  He is incapable of experiencing world peace.
> As far as Linux producing world peace, it's use is still
> very limited in the world.  Microsoft still provides the
> operating system for over 80% of personal computers.
>
> Sadly, the 11 or so percent that use Linux in the world are
> still a minority.
>
> Indirectly, Linux may be contributing to important research
> that will help secure world peace by relieving the world's
> dependence on OIL for transportation use.  The person who
> would deserve a nobel peace prize though would be the lead
> physicist/chemist/etcetera using Linux to solve such
> important problems.
>
> If anything, Linus may have created a boost for atheism which
> threatens world peace.  Without God, Man has no solid reason
> to respect himself or his neighbor.  Without God, there is no
> happiness and no peace.  To an atheist, Man is just a machine
> with no guiding ethic whatsoever.
>
> I never want to see an atheist get an award for anything unless
> he/she leaves the foolish selfish notions of atheism behind.
>
> Linus Torvalds is no mother Teresa thank you very much.

Isn't there some tenant of the mailing list rules that would allow for
withdrawing this user from
participating based on lack of topical discussion?

I don't even know where to start with this post, so I won't even justify
it's contents.

Michael,  if you want to talk about your god (yes, I mean lowercase) go
to church tonight.

If you want to talk about linux, stay focused on linux.

-Bill Ensley