On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 21:09:08 -0700
Mark Phillips <m...@phillipsmarketing.biz> dijo:

>One of my daughter's has a Mac and it has a neat feature that allows
>her to switch languages for her keyboard so she can type in Spanish in
>openoffice. When she switches to Spanish, a nice keyboard map appears
>on the screen so she can see where the special characters are located
>(i.e. the n-tilde is right next to the L key). This does not switch
>all the menus etc to Spanish. It just switches the keyboard to a
>Spanish keyboard. The display of the Spanish keyboard on the screen is
>really important.
>
>Is there a way to configure Debian so there is a little country flag
>in the tool bar so I can switch my keyboard from English to German and
>get a small keyboard map for the German keys?

I'm not sure if we have what you need, but go here:

http://ipa4linguists.pbworks.com/FrontPage

And check out Mapping Your Keyboard. There is a Linux link to
Tavultesoft.

Some of the other pages may be useful as well, as there are lots of
other ways to enter non-US-English characters without remapping your
keyboard.