Hello,

Did you try looking under every "nook and cranny" in the BIOS?  In some
cases, options for this kind of thing might not be in a place that is
necessarily obvious.  It could be under some option for the hard drives, to
use them in legacy IDE mode, SATA mode, or RAID mode, or something along
those lines.

Also agree with trying another distro live CD, see if they can see the 2nd
drive.

You might also want to try Ultimate Boot CD, and run a hd diagnostic on the
2nd drive.

Matt M.
LinuxKnight