All,

I have been, with the help of this list, weaning myself and family from
the world of Micro$oft.  I started out with SUSE somewhere around the
6.* version.  I followed a small crowd running the other direction when
Novell started contracting with the Redmond community.

I landed in the Kubuntu environment.  Kubuntu 9.10, in my experience,
fell flat on it's ISO.  I assumed it was growing pains of the latest
KDE.  I installed Ubuntu on my "it has to work" machine and then used
the other laptop to tinker with 10.04 (starting with Alpha 2) of both
Ubuntu and Kubuntu.  Neither seems to be very spectacular in what it
does.  I haven't had any major problems, though I am far from a power user.

I ran across this article this morning and wondered what other folks
might think.  I hope I am not inviting a flame war.  I am still a
husband/father/truck driver and don't have time to research this myself.

I would like some comment from your vast pool of experience as to what
this writer said.  Most of my curiosity  stems from the latter half of
this article.  Pointers to articles, other distros, etc. are all
welcomed.  If they come with your observations or opinions, so much the
better.

http://www.ghabuntu.com/2010/04/where-is-ubuntu-going-to.html

Thanks,

Bruce