On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 02:37:13PM -0700, Aaron Burt wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 12:21:54PM -0700, Rogan Creswick wrote:
> > After pricing out some SATA drives, I think the best solution (for me,
> > at least) is to just drop a few TB of disk in my media machine and use
> > that.  It's already on 24/7, runs Linux, and can become a NAS for a
> > fraction of the cost of a populated device.
>
> Sounds like a good decision.  Beloved Wife doesn't like the noise or power
> consumption of an always-on PC, hence the DNS-323.

With the right jiggling you can get power consumption down.
As for sound - the Antec Sonata is designed for "Library quite" perforamcne
I have three.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129024
http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product1.php?id=MjA=

--
      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
  Trading kilograms for kilometers since 2003