>>>>> "Rich" == Rich Shepard <rshep...@appl-ecosys.com> writes:

Victor> I type 192.168.1.1 in Firefox 3.6.13 to try to get to the
Victor> configuration screen for my wireless router Airlink Model #
Victor> ar410w.  A dialog box comes up asking me for a user name and
Victor> password.  According to the the manual for the ar410w, I type
Victor> admin for the user name, and admin for the password.  I did
Victor> this and I get 401 Unauthorized.

Rich>    What is the IP address of the host from which you're trying [...]

Rich, if he couldn't reach the device, it wouldn't be asking him for a
password!

Sounds to me like someone changed the username/password.  At that
point, I think I'd be looking up the instructions for how to do a
factory reset.

--
Russell Senior, President
russ...@personaltelco.net