On Thu, 27 Jan 2011, John Jason Jordan wrote:

> It turns out that APC wants $180 for a replacement battery for my
> SUA1500 UPS. I might be able to get it cheaper elsewhere, but I can get
> a brand new unit for about the same price:

   When my second TrippLite unit failed early I swore off them and stuck with
APC. With a Google search I found a company that refurbishes UPSs and sells
them for quite a bit less than new ones. With warrantys, too. My SmartUPS
1400 has been working flawlessly for years, and it's a refurbished unit.

   Something for you to consider.

Rich