On Sat, 26 Feb 2011, John Jason Jordan wrote:

> However, I also said that I would query the group to see if anyone had any
> suggestions.

John,

   A few times I've taken notebook/laptop computers to Northwest Computer
Support off 217 (10240 SW Nimbus Ave Ste L7, Portland, OR 97223;
503-684-3280). They've done excellent work, told me the problem and cost
before doing the repairs, and were reasonably priced.

   While it's a long haul from out here I will go back to them if I need
service on a portable computer.

   Of course, Wes's price is going to be much lower than NCS's price. :-)

Rich