On 05/02/2011 07:28 PM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> Quantify and compare the results. Send a copy to Shuttleworth.

thanks, John and Mike, for keeping a positive tone.

i usually wait at least a month before installing the latest Ubuntu
release, but this time around i'm sticking with 10.10 because it's
really stable, i've heavily customized my day-to-day machines, and 11.04
is a big UI shift that requires a fair amount of work by apps to
integrate well (as far as i can tell from following the official
announcements, news, and blogs). Plans for 11.10 could change
dramatically depending on community feedback, at least i hope.

And, when i finally get around to trying it, i may like it. If not, the
Fedora (the most-used *ix at my workplace) user experience seems to have
improved a great deal since i last tried using it almost five years ago,
and would probably be my next choice.