Tim Wescott wrote:
> Subject says most of it:  I'm looking for a good PDF editor.  Adobe
> appears to have introduced yet another "improvement", which means that
> the one I use now can read the files, but can't extract pages.
>
> I often get contracts in PDF format; rather than printing, signing,
> scanning, etc., I'd rather just drop my signature and the date into the
> contract.
>
> I haven't tried printing to PDF yet to see if the blockage is stripped
> -- short of that, are there better open-source PDF editors than PDFEdit

Tim Wescott
Not sure exactly what the issue might be for you ... my recent
experience with Adobe Acrobat "improvements" involved a "fillable form"
that the creator had "locked" in such a way as to prevent the user from
saving a copy of the completed form to disk (one could print it only)
... silly but there you have it.  Is that your issue, or is it something
else?  By the way ... no matter which PDF reader I might try, the result
was the same.
Regards
Fred James