>>>>> "Jameson" == Jameson Williams <jameson.h.willi...@intel.com> writes:

Jameson> In as far as I can tell, Randal doesn't like GNU because it
Jameson> breaks interoperability with UNIX/POSIX, e.g. GNU Make vs. BSD
Jameson> Make? Seems a silly flame war to me, but my +1 for GNU are
Jameson> several fold: (1) GPL/copy-left; (2) larger % of user
Jameson> installations make GNU the defacto standard; (3) personal
Jameson> preference for GNU enhancements (viz: BSD Make suxz.)

I'd actually argue that there are far more non-Linux Unix installations
in commercial space than Linux installations.  Maybe more hobbyist Linux
installs.

<mer...@stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>