On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 02:27:59PM -0700, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
> I'd actually argue that there are far more non-Linux Unix installations
> in commercial space than Linux installations.  Maybe more hobbyist Linux
> installs.

About the only way I could think of that pencilling out would be if you
counted personal iPhones and Macs, and not Linux VMs.

And even then, it's about even-steven at $JOB (ad agency with lots of
Mac-loving "creatives".)

We dumped the Solaris boxen years ago.  Linux tends to run on lots of
little devices, while HPUX and AIX usually goes on the Big Enterprise Host.

(Won't go into $JOB[-1] where Linuxboxen outnumbered coworkers by an order
of magnitude or so.  Heaven.)

But that's just my experience,
  Aaron