Galen Seitz wrote:
> Rich Shepard wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 21 Aug 2011, Larry Brigman wrote:
>>

>>> Was it connected via a VGA cable?
>>>
>> Larry,
>>
>>    Yes. That's been adequate for years so that's what I continue to use.
>>

> If your machine has a DVI output, I'd recommend switching to that.
> When you use VGA with an LCD, you're adding two extra stages of signal
> processing that is unnecessary.  With VGA, your video card converts
> pixels into three analog outputs, and the display turns right around
> and converts the analog signals back to pixels.  A DVI connection
> sends pixels straight to the display.

I have both DVI and VGA outputs on a video card. When I blissfully
switched to a DVI cable on my Hanns-G flat panel, the sharpness of the
screen was noticeably reduced. I was told that there was a 6 bit DVI
cable and a later 8 bit DVI cable and that I probably had the 6 bit
cable. Doing a quick search on DVI cables I discover that there are at
least DVI-D Single link and dual link; DVI-A; and DVI-I Single Link and
Dual Link cable types.

Wayne