We've had & continue to have a lot of Comcast service outages where we lose
internet, telly, & phone.  The internet goes out most often, then comes the
telly, then the phone service.  When we call Comcast about it, they act as
if that's normal, & want to charge us extra to come fix it!

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 10:13 PM, Tom Sharples <tsharp...@qorvus.com> wrote:

> We used Vonage for years and years, but the quality and reliability got
> really bad so I switched to Comcast VOIP. They use a separate dedicated
> network, and it's best voice service I've ever had.
>
> Tom S.
>

> On 10/28/2011 9:21 PM, C W wrote:
> > Scott,
> > Thanks for the feedback.  Ooma's service sounds like it's better quality
> > than mobile phone service, so I can live with that.  Especially since
> Ooma's
> > monthly charge is extremely low.
> >
> > How expensive and difficult is it to add several phones in the same house
> > one Ooma line?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Elcaset
> >
> > On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 8:08 PM, Scott Garman<sgar...@zenlinux.com>
>  wrote:

> >> I switched from Vonage to Ooma this year. Never had any issues with
> >> Vonage, but with Ooma I have occasionally had audio quality issues, and
> >> even dropped calls. Not fun when I work from home most days and am
> >> dropping from a conference call.
> >>
> >> About a month ago I was considering going back to Vonage, but things
> >> have been stable since then, so I'm willing to take the risk until I run
> >> into problems again.
> >>
> >> Scott

> 11:44:00

Free Geek Seattle- Helping The Needy Get Nerdy
http://www.freegeekseattle.org/
https://groups.google.com/group/freegeek-seattle/topics?hl=en

K Desktop Environment- Experience Freedom & User Friendliness
http://kde.org/

Free Lossless Audio Codec
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Flac

Protect your digital freedom and privacy, eliminate DRM, learn more at