On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 5:42 PM, Mark Phillips
<m...@phillipsmarketing.biz> wrote:
> 2. Vmware or Virtualbox? Do either one support usb so I can run iTunes on
> my virtual Windows drive?

VirtualBox requires a separate download for USB 2.0 support. If you're
talking about connecting iTunes with an iPod, I suspect you'll have an
easier time with VMware.

> A while ago I was able to get vmware to run off
> of the Windows disk partition, but it seemed to break every time I ran an
> upgrade on Debian, and it was a pain to get it to work each time. I don't
> want to fiddle with this approach again, unless I have to.

I had similar experiences with VMware. For me, the problem was that
upgrading my distro (Fedora) also upgraded my kernel, and the new
kernel would often have changes that broke the build for VMware's
kernel modules. For me, the solution was to wait for VMware to release
a new update before upgrading my distro.

--
Vincent L. Damewood
+1.503.926.4563