On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 10:58 AM, Rich Shepard <rshep...@appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
>   After 15 years with Aracnet/SpiritOne I think that I need to change ISPs.
> I just received a message that within the next couple of weeks there will be
> changes to DSL subscribers in Frontier Communications land. The most
> important change is that they can no longer provide static IP addresses.
>
>   What options do I have to maintain the same static IP address I've had all
> this time? My mail server and future httpd server are based on that address
> and I'd like to retain it.

You want to change ISP's, but keep IP's? Unless you have a "portable
class C", such a thing is, well, highly unlikely, to say the least.
Have you looked up your IP in ARIN, perhaps, and found out who owns
that IP address (perhaps Aracnet/SpiritOne is leasing the address from
somebody else)?

-Ronabop