Here's my quick shopping summary.  This is based on wanting to replace
a Spiritone/Frontier DSL connection.  This is a 3M/768k connection
with a static IP that costs us ~$51/month based on a one year
commitment.  Note that this is for a business, so some vendors won't
sell us a residential package.  For Comcast and Frontier, I didn't
even look at residential because I don't want ports blocked.

DSL Only/DSL Northwest:  3M/768k, SOHO w 4 static IPs, $89/month, got
conflicting answers as to whether DSL is supported on dry pair

Spiretech: 3M/768k, residential w dynamic IP administered by
Spiretech("won't change"), modem or router must authenticate(PPPOA),
DSL over dry pair supported, $60/month

Megapath: 3M/768k, multiple static IPs, DSL over dry pair, $99/month

Infinity: 3M/768k, SOHO w 4 static IPs, DSL over dry pair?, $92/month

Comcast business: 12M/2M w 1 static IP, $83/month, estimate from web site

Frontier business:
  3M/768k, static IP, DSL over dry pair?, $80/month
  25M/25M, static IP, $110/month
  15M/5M, dynamic IP, $70/month

If there are other providers I should look at, please let me know.

Given the short notice from Spiritone(by design?), I suspect I will
stick with Spiritone for the time being, and try to get dynamic DNS
updates working.  I have doubts as to whether I would be able to get a
new connection installed before the Spiritone change.  OTOH, I've
asked Spiritone about the timing of the switchover and have yet to
hear back.  It will be 'interesting' to see how they go about making
this change.

galen
--
Galen Seitz