On Sat, 10 Mar 2012, Russell Johnson wrote:

> The examples I find online show the psk keyword with a password inside
> quotes. Have you tried that?

Russell,

   The .conf file had the "your ESSID here" in quotes, but not the PSK. I
assumed that was meaningful. Anyway, my Web searches found others with the
same problem, but putting the PSK in double quotes does not always solve the
problem. Here, when I quote the PSK I see a related, but different error:

root@pachy /etc]# wpa_supplicant -Dwext -iwlan0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
ioctl[SIOCSIWSCAN]: Device or resource busy
Failed to initiate AP scan.
Trying to associate with 20:cf:30:88:cc:2b (SSID='AESi' freq=2462 MHz)
Authentication with 20:cf:30:88:cc:2b timed out.
Trying to associate with 20:cf:30:88:cc:2b (SSID='AESi' freq=2462 MHz)

   And this continues until I press ^C. I also tried 'killall -HUP
wpa_supplicant' and wicd-client but still cannot connect.

   My other portable has no problem connecting which makes this all the more
puzzling.

Thanks,

Rich