On 2012-03-15 20:02, Kirk Goins wrote:
> [0,665225] Kernel Panic - not syncing: VFS Unable to mount root fs on
> unknown-block(0,0)
>
> Is this fixable or will I need to scrap and reload?

Should be fixable.

There are many questions particulars to how your system was set up for
us to just say "do this."

But for a start:
    and
https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=Kernel+Panic+-+not+syncing:+VFS+Unable+to+mount+root+fs+on+unknown-block(0%2C0)+ubuntu

> Several months ago a grub update trashed things, but the clinic was a
> few
> days away and I was able to get it fixed there.

Clinic is just nine days away.

And questions that don't assert that Plug members are collectively out
of their minds for running critical systems on Linux may get more
helpful responses in this forum.

At my workplace we are replacing most Solaris, HPUX, ... *nix with
Linux boxes.
Consider that reliability anecdote the next time you're able to get
cash from an ATM or use your debit card

--
      Michael Rasmussen
    http://www.jamhome.us/