On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 04:44:12PM -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:
>    What might prevent ntpd from being called on the Sony? This seems to be
> the key issue and I've no idea how to trace it further toward the source.
> _Someone_ must have the insight and experience to point me toward a fix.

While time is important, it's not so important as to stop a network connection.
Having said that, what might prevent it from being called is lack of network.
No reasong to use the Network Time Protocol without a net.

--
            Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
      Other Adventures: http://www.jamhome.us/ or http://westy.saunter.us/