On 07/09/2012 08:25 PM, wes wrote:

>> We had a client who recently ran into a similar issue: RAID array died
>> and they didn't have the backups they thought they had.  Rough pricing
>> for 320 GB RAID5 HW array:
>> $15,000 for 6-10 business days turn around
>> $20,000 for 1-5 business days turn around
>>
>> You only pay for what is recovered, although I'm not sure what that means.
>>
>> I was just curious if that pricing is comparable to what others have
>> experienced.

Well the quote I got was for what they call a Tier 2 recovery.
$800-$1000; 6-10 workday turn around.  Yours looks like what they call a
Tier 3 and there was no estimate (ball park) on the site for that type
of recovery.
    Also from the problem I was advised to not try anything else as it
might (probably?) was a head(s) hitting a platter.

I'm still going to look at the services others have mentioned before I
make a recommendation.

> yes, data recovery from more complex storage mechanisms is exponentially
> more difficult, and thusly more expensive. I found the same pricing
> structure when I looked into it. I decided the data wasn't THAT important.

In this case it is REALLY important and the drive was the backup but
being used in place-of the main drive when it failed.

\\||/
Rod