On Sun, 7 Oct 2012, website reader wrote:

> Okay, this past 3 or 4 days I was doing a lot of work, and part of it was
> using a mouse on a webpage, which required extensive clicking, moving and
> reclicking.  Now I have two (yes I taught myself how to use the mouse with
> the left hand after the right arm went into pain) arms with shooting pains
> in the upper arms, and with 2 wrists that are NOT happy.

Randall,

   I use a trackball, and did since 1996 when a mouse gave me tendinitis of
the right elbow. Accupunture cured that and it's not recurred.

   My current trackball is a Logitech optical wireless that allows the middle
fingers to work the ball and the thumb to work the left button; it also has
a scroll wheel. I _really_ like it. The previous two trackballs were
configured to use the thumb on the ball that that is a terrible design; the
thumb does not have the fine motor control of the fingers.

Rich