On 09/20/13 16:44, Dick Steffens wrote:
> I'm testing Mythbuntu on an Toshiba Satellite laptop. Everything
> installs and runs. I have a simple dipole antenna connected to an
> HDHomeRun box connected to my home network. I can see a number of local
> channels. Those sending a non-HD signal are clear. Those sending an HD
> signal are slightly choppy. I'm guessing this is related to system
> memory, but wanted to get other opinions.

How are you viewing this?  Via mythtv's 'live tv' feature, or are you
viewing a recording?
OK, I see that your laptop has an Intel GMA X3100.  This may be the
problem.  I'm not sure whether this video hardware is capable of hw
decode of HD, at least with the drivers available for Linux.  You may
have better luck with software decoding, but that too may be a problem,
as the T2310 in your laptop may not be up to the task either.  You can
try adjusting the quality of the decode in order to reduce the burden on
your hardware.

This might be useful:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Playback_profiles

I highly doubt that your problem is due to lack of memory.

galen
--
Galen Seitz
gal...@seitzassoc.com