If you want to see some fine examples of the sort of files I have
to deal with here is a link to a dropbox directory that will allow you
to see some examples (you can download them too, if you want
to test).

I need something that is EASY as I am trying to get some desk-
tops setup for non-computer types and I am trying to avoid put-
ting them through the usual sort of things we Linux people have
to do at times to arrive at the solution.

This should be a no-brainer, I am not sure why it has been such
a pain.

I have tried Evince (aka document viewer) Libreoffice, Okular
(used to work great, but it stopped working) Gimp will do it but
for handling the amount of tiffs I have to work with it would be
very time consuming and that is not acceptable. ImageMagic
works but the 2nd page is sort of a gray scale thing with the
black lines being gray and the page it's self sort of a very light
gray.

I seem to recall trying to use xv, and had some sort of issue
with it, but can not recall what it was.

Also the other thing with the tiffs on all but Okular is that you
have to really expand them to see the actual drawing other
wise you are left with bits and pieces. Shotwell opens the
first page very nicely but you can not see the rest of the pages.
Same goes for Fragment.

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 9:05 AM, Wayne E. Van Loon Sr. <w...@pacifier.com>wrote:

> On 04/22/2014 08:01 AM, Fred James wrote:
> >
> > I have just installed XV ... cute ... a little clunky, but cute ...
> > might be useful ... printed image leaves a bit to be desired ... YMMV.
> > Regards
> > Fred James
> On what distribution did you install xv? I have used xv in Slackware for
> years, nothing else I have came across does what I need as well as does xv.
> Wayne

Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
Glass, five thousand years of history and getting better.
The only container material that the USDA gives blanket approval on.