On Wed, 21 Jan 2015, Keith Lofstrom wrote:

> The GIMP developers seem to focus on ever more complex tasks rather than
> the simple image manipulations I do (cropping, scaling, enhancement, cut
> and paste, a lot of presentation slide preparation work). I would like
> user settable defaults, and the ability to create macros to streamline my
> workflow.

> Any suggested tools?

   ImageMagick. It's the Swiss army knife (or Leatherman tool, if you perfer
a local analogy) for image manipulations. You can even script them!!

   And for vector graphics PSTricks. Ultra-fine control. I wrote a form for
scanning that had to have boxes placed to sub-millimeter accuracy. No
problems.

Rich