On Sat, May 30, 2015 at 10:29:31PM -0700, Chuck Hast wrote:
> I have qrencode on my machine and have been playing around with it, I also
> have qreator which is a gui, but both of them just generate the QR code, so
> will have to figure out what I can do to merge a QR code with a short line
> of
> text for the label. Also did not find the python2 references using
> Synaptic.
>
> The search was done using pacman, was that Arch?

Yes, he seems to be on an Arch system.

QR codes are image files. The online generator I just checked creates JPG, EPS,
or SVG.
So if you think about the issue as "how do I add text to my image ..." it gets
(?) easier.

If you go the JPG route you could use imagemagik to add the text you want.
Plenty of online information on how to do that.

Using an SVG - if the file they generate is sane - could also have text added
without too much pain.

--
      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
    Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity