On Thu, Jul 02, 2015 at 11:11:23AM -0700, King Beowulf wrote:

> Now that its been identified, the offending code can be easily stripped out.

This is true for properly developed Chromium on a Linux
non-phone computer, but what about Android, which is what
I wrote about?  Are there functional open-source builds that
can replace stock AndroidOS on a store-bought Android phone?

My concern is living in a sea of spy phones operated by the
clueless for the benefit of the spy agencies.  I worry enough
about my ancient Nokia flip-phone.

Keith

P.S. not relevant to much, but my wife's office has ancient
Cisco VOIP phones which are poorly designed, and make loud
noises when a cell phone operates nearby.  Nearby cell phones
generate a lot of RF when they transmit, so this can be
detected easily.  This would be a handy feature for a later
version of the Blackphone.

--
Keith Lofstrom          kei...@keithl.com