On 07/22/2015 09:45 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Jul 2015, Dick Steffens wrote:
>
>> Box is a service that allows sharing of files between a group of folks,
>> with those folks exercising control over who gets to access those files.
> Dick,
>
>     As in Dropbox, or a competitor?

A competitor.

>> So, if what they said they did doesn't fix the problem, we can go back
>> to them and say, "Keep looking from your end."
>     Yep.
>
>> It would help if they could run a trace on the notification e-mail they
>> say is being sent and find out where it gets stuck. The interesting thing
>> is that it's just the notification e-mail related to something being
>> uploaded to a folder on Box. My wife got a notification e-mail when her
>> sister added her, with a different name and e-mail address, as another
>> collaborator/editor. It's just the notification of an uploaded file she's
>> not getting.
>     A couple of months ago the Multnomah County Library suffered an infarction
> of its held book arrival notices. After a week or so they apparently fixed
> their problem, but I still did not receive the e-mail notices when a book on
> which I had placed a hold was ready for pick up. They had e-mail messages to
> my business domain bounce in the past so I gave them the personal domain as
> an option. No hold messages to either account. But, when I asked
> Interlibrary Loan to get research journal articles not available in the
> library's databases, notices of their availability sent to my personal
> domain had no problems. Messages from library staff to my business domain
> also had no problems. Only the hold notices.

Sounds similar. One piece of their system isn't doing what it's supposed
to do.

>     I mentioned the problem to one of the local branch librarians and she sent
> a message to HQ. Yesterday I had an exchange with an account management
> staffer there and pointed out that her messages had no problems being
> delivered, so the blockage was not on my end. (/var/log/maillog records
> helped substantiate that.) She sent a test hold message and today that was
> in my inbox at 04:35. So whatever she did fixed the problem.
>
>     It's interesting that the other side always thinks we're dummies running
> windoze and the problem _must_ be on our end because they're so much smarter
> than we are. Not.

So far it look more like this is not an area for which they have
specific training. I'm hoping, if they don't find the problem after my
wife's latest replay indicating no progress, that they'll bump the issue
up another level.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens