>>>>> "Pete" == Pete Lancashire <p...@petelancashire.com> writes:

Pete> It is time for me to build a new PC. I like having to build one,
Pete> gives me one of those warm and fuzzy feeling and lets me say to
Pete> myself I can still use a screwdriver.

Typically what I do is see what ENU,inc stocks and research which is the
cheapest CPU/MB they carry that meets my wants/needs.  The last machine
I put together was a 6-core AMD64 box.  When I know approximately what I
want, I might shop around for good prices, but sometimes convenience
trumps better prices (within reason).  I think all the parts were just a
few hundred dollars.

--
Russell Senior, President
russ...@personaltelco.net