On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 6:40 PM, Russell Senior
<russ...@personaltelco.net> wrote:

> Galen Seitz and I are working on a project where we encountered a "bug"
> in our hardware/software when connecting to certain off-the-shelf wifi
> routers, involving the 4way handshake associated with RSN/WPA2.  We are
> trying to estimate the probability that customers are going to encounter
> this in the field.  So far, we know of 4 make/models that are
> problematic and 4 make/models that aren't.
>
> Please answer the following questions to the best of your ability:
>
>  1) what is the make/model of the wifi device that you use in your
>     house?  none is an acceptable answer.

Actiontec WPS PK500

>  2) about how old is it (rough guess is fine)?

Well, it's got a Qwest sticker on it.  I'd say that it's pretty old.

>  2) is it running firmware from the vendor or have you installed a 3rd
>     party firmware like DDwrt, OpenWrt or similar?

Dunno.  I got it secondhand, from a friend.  I doubt that she messed
with the firmware.  I certainly haven't.

>  3) Do you now or have you ever exhibited any interest in model trains?
>     (this is to weight your answer heavier for the target demographic)

My dad spent ages in building them, and in creating intricate layouts
for them.  Me, not so much.  Although now I find them interesting to
sketch.  Sleek black locomotives pulling strings of carriages around
snow-dusted craggy hills.