As others have pointed out I do not think you are going to find exactly what
you need as far as no cpu. All of the analog stuff is gone. And the more the
providers digitize the more customers they can get into a given BW so they
are not going to go the backwards. In order to process those complex wave
forms they need processing power. So anything you get will be processor
based.

Here is a web site I ran onto, I had a similar request made to me. (No com-
puter stuff just a phone) and so I sent them something similar to this:

http://www.gazelle.com/thehorn/2013/12/11/5-best-cell-phones-seniors/

They settled on the Jitterbug, big numbers and big keys. Not much computer
on the front panel.

On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 8:41 AM, Denis Heidtmann <denis.heidtm...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Dec 2015, Richard Owlett wrote:
> >
> > > I'm a senior citizen who has been referred to as living "out past
> > > Estacada, even." As a convert from Windoz(tm) to *nix I presume "do 1
> > > thing. Do it well." Elderly relatives demand that I obtain cell
> > > connectivity. I will cave in to their demands *IF* I can find a hand
> held
> > > object capable of placing VOICE telephone calls that is *NOT* a
> disguised
> > > main-frame of yesteryear.
> >

> Elderly relatives are demanding; you are demanding.  The two demands are
> mutually exclusive.  You need to decide which of the two are going to be
> ignored or changed.
>
> If it is the second demand, you might look into TracPhone.  They sell
> "minutes" which carry over from one service days purchase to the next.  I
> have a flip phone that has 713 minutes and 101 service days left.  I will
> never use all the minutes.
>
> If it is the first demand, you are all set.
>
> -Denis

Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
Glass, five thousand years of history and getting better.
The only container material that the USDA gives blanket approval on.