On Thu, 31 Dec 2015, John Jason Jordan wrote:

> I take note of Keith's suggestion to eject from the command line in order
> to avoid the mount point remaining. The command 'eject /dev/sr0' does this
> well. Unfortunately, while the command opens the door, at this point I
> cannot mount anything because of the busy inodes problem, so I cannot test
> this to see if it really solves the problem of a mount point not being
> removed. It may also be easier to unmount from by right-clicking on the
> drive in "Places," as I recall Unmount is another option as well as Eject.

John,

   If I understand the man page the 'eject' command lets you remove the media
from a drive. But, it may not necessarily unmount the drive from the
kernel's view.

   From the command line, as a user, try 'umount /dev/<drive>'. If the GUI
front end mounted it as root, then you need to be root (via sudo) to umount
it. If it's still stuck then a reboot will definitely clean up the system.

   Something to do while watching the new year crawl in.

Happy New Year,

Rich