Greetings,

  For the purposes of safety, security and anonymity I was thinking of
going to a VPN (I've already heard that ToR was hacked).
Currently I'm on Ubuntu Unity 14.04 LTS. It was a bit of a headache to set
up but seems to be working now and I have a firewall up.
I know that using Linux/Unix/CentOS/etc. flags me to the NSA/FBI anyway
(I'm old enough to remember the NSA line code in a
Windows version) but I want to raise the bar to anyone curious, packet
sniffers, amateurs, etc. go elsewhere. I actually have my wireless router
on a power strip so that I can power it on/off as needed and, randomly, to
confuse and/or frustrate anyone trying to hack or use my router
as well.

  Any ideas on VPN would be appreciated.

Blessings,
Paul W.