On 04/01/16 00:13, Victor Soich wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> First, a bit of background....
> I thought I lived in a comcast monopoly area, and just recently had a knock
> on my door in S.E. Portland from a guy saying I could get centurylink
> internet services.  I might make the plunge and pay 25 bucks a month for 40
> Mbs download speed, unless I hear heavy criticism about centurylihk
> service, as opposed to comcast.

If that's DSL as Russell suggests, you should know that your upload
speed is likely limited to 800 kbit/s, or perhaps double that if they do
bonding on the upstream path too.  Regarding bonded DSL, I will just
comment that my neighbor signed up for this a couple of years ago, but
CenturyLink could never get it to work.  This is in the area of SE 34th
and Belmont.

galen
--
Galen Seitz