On Thu, 30 Jun 2016, Paul Heinlein wrote:

> Can you be a bit more explicit about steps 1 and 2? How many files are
> in play? How is the file (are the files) formatted? Is "address" a US
> Mail address? An e-mail address? A URL?

Paul,

   Sure.

   I had to separate a single file into individual files of no more than 100
e-mail addresses because 300 messages/hr is the limit of outbound relaying.
Each address file has it's own sending script:

for x in $(cat news-send-1.list); do cat msg | mailx -s "[Newsletter]
Regulatory Science: Correctly Analyzing Censored Toxic Chemical
Concentrations" $x; done

   Then I created 'at' commands to invoke each script at 25-30 minute
intervals.

   Maintenance of the mail list became a hassle as folks added their names,
left their employer for points unknown, etc. Seems to me it's more efficient
to have all addresses in a single file then invoke the mailx script for each
group of 100 names until EOF with a suitable pause.

> The looping structure will depend a great deal on how many files are
> in play and what mechanism is used to grab the address(es).

   It will make management easier with single address and script files. Then
a single 'at' command is all I need.

Thanks,

Rich