On 6/30/2016 2:09 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Jun 2016, Jim Garrison wrote:
>
>> Any reason you can't use an existing list management package such as
>> Mailman or Majordomo? They take a bit to set up but once configured they
>> are easy to manage, and have knobs for throttling.
>
> Jim,
>
>   Yes. Those are mail list managers. Distributing a newsletter is a
> one-way,
> occasional action.

True, but Mailman can be easily set up so it works one-way only.
For about a decade I ran the "Central Texas Early Music List" when
I lived in Austin. It was a one-way concert announcement list that
had over 1000 members.  Mailman worked extremely well for me.

--
Jim Garrison (j...@acm.org)
PGP Keys at http://www.jhmg.net RSA 0x04B73B7F DH 0x70738D88