On Fri, 8 Jul 2016 22:18:06 -0700
wes <p...@the-wes.com> dijo:

>> so that means that the Synology setup utility must have
>> formatted it.

>This may or may not be the case. If it did, it probably used some
>Linuxy filesystem. Either way, it is unlikely that you will be able to
>affect its decision; it probably only supports 1 filesystem, whatever
>that may be. It doesn't matter, either, as your interaction with it
>does not involve interacting with the file system. You interact with
>its network share, it takes care of the rest.

I finally found the answer, buried several layers deep in the DSM
utility. Your guess was right, it is ext4. I was only concerned because
I have a lot of files over 4GB in size, so if it was something like
FAT32 I would have issues.

For my next exercise I am going to see if I can set up rsync to keep
the contents of my external USB 3.0 drive synced with the Synology. I
have never figured out rsync, so I am going to start a new thread.