I shall have to look at that. I was looking more in depth at my issue, and
I have
found some solutions, I just have to take the time to figure out which will
work
for me. I am running Ubuntu Mate on this machine, it is my wife´s machhine
so I am trying to make it as easy to use as possible I need to make all of
the
keys generate what the keytop says, and right now that does not happen for
some important things. I do have most of the real important ones like Ñ and
some of the other language specific ones. Now I will just have to figure out
how to generate a file for this particular keyboard and then keep a copy for
future use. Send a copy to the maintainer so he can integrate it into the
IBM
list.

On Sat, Oct 29, 2016 at 5:44 AM, Rich Shepard <rshep...@appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Oct 2016, Chuck Hast wrote:
>
> > Most of the keys map but some do not. I would like to get them all to map
> > correctly
>
> Chuck,
>
>    I don't have the answer to your specific question, but will share what I
> just learned about keyboard mapping using .keymap and .Xmodmap to re-assign
> keys.
>
>    My portables have always been inconsistent in swapping the left ctrl and
> caps lock keys in both console and X windows. Sometimes they just refused
> loadkeys or apply xmodmap for me as a user, only for root. Very recently I
> came across the solution; perhaps it will be useful for you, too.
>
>    Slackware uses the BSD type of services when booting, and the last one
> is
> user-configured /etc/rc.c/rc.local (I'm sure other distros have the
> equivalent file). In rc.local I entered (among other services to load)
>         loadkeys ~/.keymap
>         xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap
>
>    Now the correct key mappings are applied for all users in both the
> console
> and X windows.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rich

Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
Glass, five thousand years of history and getting better.
The only container material that the USDA gives blanket approval on.