On Sun, 30 Oct 2016, Robert Citek wrote:

> Good luck and let us know what works for you.

   Still seeking this goal. :-)

   After modifying ~/.bash_profile to invoke ssh-agent I sourced the file,
then tried ssh-add which did not work:

$ ssh-add
Enter passphrase for /home/rshepard/.ssh/id_ed25519:
Could not add identity "/home/rshepard/.ssh/id_ed25519": agent refused
operation

   Searching for this error (without the string in quotes) using duckduckgo
produced many hits on running ssh-add, but none explicitiy explaining the
cause of this error message. The man page does not offer an option of
specifying which identity to use (I have only the one).

   Google finds many hits (primarily Ubuntu users) about missing identities
when running ssh-add, but none (on the first page of hits) about ssh-add
refusing to add an existing identity.

   Would be nice to learn why.

Rich