On 11/07/2016 11:53 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Nov 2016, David wrote:
>
>> I don't recall which OS, but this link has the two main streams:
>> <http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=1204829>
>
> dafr,
>
>    And everyone agrees that when sshd is started it should create the server
> host_keys. Here it ain't doin' that. Sigh.

If you read the script that is referenced by "whowd", there is a test
for the host keys, and that creation is bypassed because the file
exists. My apologies for presuming that you would read it more carefully.

Try deleting the zero-byte files, and restart sshd. This should cause
the script to run those parts to build those files for your system.

dafr