I am actually using OBS-Studio, we are feeding a streaming service, and I am
using OBS-Studio as the interface from the A/V system. I have a HDMI output
S-Video, and composit plus audio to play with. I would like to use the HDMI
out
and feed it into a HDMI input let OBS-Studio do it's thing (that part work
we have
great video and audio on YouTube when CrudCast does not drop the ball. I
have
to look into that because they are paying good money for that connection.
But
that is another story, MTR shows some funnies down stream from us.

I just need to get that video stream into the OBS-Studio computer and from
there
I am good. I have tested it with USB cams at 1080P plus audio, it sounds and
looks good. This is a live stream so need it to be as near as possible to
real time.

All the parts are working just have to get the bits from the older system
into the
OBS-Studio system. Turns out the DVD player receives the A/V stream and it
puts it on the HDMI output port so I figured that would be the
quickest/cleanest
way to get it from one machine to the other.

I saw the page about MythTV, I do not think I will have any issues with the
HDCP
on this one, besides I have a little box that strips it out, and since we
are not
running anything that is DRM  protected there is no issue there. I use the
little
box to plug a HDMI to video converter into a regular monitor, without the
box
the monitor does not see the video stream coming from something that has DRM
on it, but once the box is in place I can view it on the monitor just fine.

I am hoping that they see the qualities in OBS-Studio, it is a lot more
powerful
than the stack of video gear that they have now. I figure that if I can
start out
this way I can ease it in little by little.

They have already asked about using the OBS machine to do some other mixing
I may have to get a frame grabber card for some older cameras, but I we are
trying to get it all to go 1080P, so need to replace several cameras, and
in the
end projectors. Monitors are all HD, so we are good there. Old console is
still
4:3, that is what is making OBS-Studio attractive.

I figure if I can just find a card with two fulldux HDMI ports on it that
would be
a good start. (try to keep cost down if can)