On Tue, 7 Mar 2017 22:17:36 -0800
Larry Brigman <larry.brig...@gmail.com> dijo:

>On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 9:48 PM, John Jason Jordan <joh...@gmx.com>
>wrote:
>> I neglected to say that the CenturyLink modem connects to my Netgear
>> 6250 gigabit router, and from the Netgear to a couple switches that
>> then connect to my computers, laser printers, and other devices. In
>> other words, I am not using the router features of the modem.

>Check the WAN side of you Netgear router.  If it is using 192.168.X.X
>then you are using both routers since the CenturyLink router is also
>doing NATing >of all your internet traffic - actually dual NAT Netgear and CL.

I am completely lost.

When the CenturyLink installer dude plugged in my Netgear router to the
new modem he failed to tell me that the new modem had been set to
192.168.0.1 at the factory. Unfortunately, 192.168.0.1 is what my
Netgear router had been set to. The Netgear popped up a message on my
laptop that it had discovered a conflict with another device so it had
changed itself to 192.168.1.1, whereupon half my devices could no longer
connect - some, like the laptop, automatically changed to . . 1 ., but
others did not. It took a couple days, but I finally got all devices
set to 192.168.1.x, so now everything is working again.

I thought all computers, printers and other devices were all going
through the Netgear. How can something that is 192.168.0.1 (the CL
modem) be working on the same network as 192.168.1.x ?